You can use dried cherries in place of the cranberries and/or use another flavor of protein powder to alter the taste of these bars.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored protein powder (vegan, if you wish)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/4 chia seeds (optional)
- 1 TBSP almond or soy milk
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the oats, protein powder, and shredded coconut to a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles a fine powder.
- Transfer blended ingredients to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients; mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place the dough in the baking dish and press it down evenly until flattened as much as possible.
- Place the dish in the freezer until set & firm, around 1 1/2 hours.
- To serve, slice into 8 even bars and enjoy!