Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat broiler to high. Combine egg whites, eggs, salt, pepper, and milk; stir with a whisk.
- Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté grape tomatoes and thyme in olive oil until tender.
- Layer in plum tomatoes and basil.
- Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over cheese. Cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are partially set; then broil 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and almost set.
Makes 4 servings
- CARBOHYDRATE 0.0g
- CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg
- PROTEIN 16.0g
- SODIUM 321.0mg
- FAT 12.2g
- IRON 0.0mg
- SUGARS 5.0g