- 1/2 small jar capers
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro (1/2 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1 bunch green onions, divided
- 2 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 3/16 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 heirloom cherry tomatoes (red and yellow), halved
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon caper brine and 1 tablespoon drained capers into the bowl of a mini food processor. Add cilantro, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, and 1/2 tablespoon water. Chop green onions to measure 1 1/2 tablespoons. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons green onions to cilantro mixture; process until smooth.
- Cut remaining onions diagonally into 2-inch pieces. Cut 8 pieces lengthwise into slivers; set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork and 2-inch onion pieces; cover and cook 4 minutes. Turn pork over. Add tomatoes; cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining dash of salt. Arrange pork mixture on a platter. Drizzle with sauce; sprinkle with slivered onions.
The sauce can be made a day ahead and magically transforms the simplest food into something spectacular. Try it on chicken or steak, too, or as a spread in a sandwich.
Makes 2 servings
- CARBOHYDRATE 7.0 g
- CHOLESTEROL 62.0 mg
- FIBER 2.0 g
- PROTEIN 24.0 g
- SODIUM 436.0 mg
- FAT 21.6 g
- SATURATED FAT 4.8 g
- MONOUNSATURATED FAT 13.4 g
- POLYUNSATURATED FAT 2.2 g
- CALCIUM 67.0 mg
- IRON 2.0 mg
- SUGARS 1.0 g
- EST ADDED SUGARS 0.0g