Coleslaw mix—a combination of shredded cabbage and carrots—makes this healthy lunch salad recipe quick to prepare. The coleslaw-bean mixture can also be used as a delicious taco topping.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- ¾ cup diced ripe but firm mango
- ½ cup rinsed canned black beans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 leaves Boston lettuce
Combine coleslaw mix, mango, black beans, pepitas, red onion, vinegar and oil in a medium bowl. Serve the bean mixture on a bed of lettuce.
Serving size: generous 2 cups
Per serving: 382 calories; 18 g fat(3 g sat); 11 g fiber; 49 g carbohydrates;13 g protein; 198 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 26 g sugars; 0 g added sugars.