Korean Sweet-Salty Popcorn
- 2 1/4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 garlic clove, grated
- 3 tablespoons unpopped popcorn
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and garlic in a small jar; cover and shake until emulsified and sugar dissolves. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons; swirl to coat. Add popcorn; cover and cook 3 minutes or until kernels pop, shaking pan frequently. When popping slows down, remove pan from heat. Let stand 1 minute or until popping stops. Drizzle with sugar mixture; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings (serving size: about 2 2/3 cups)