- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a medium rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat peanut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, five-spice powder, cumin, black pepper, red pepper, and water to pan. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture begins bubbling. Add cashews to pan; cook 2 minutes or until well coated, stirring constantly.
- Spread cashews evenly on prepared baking sheet, using 2 forks to separate them and leaving as much room as possible between nuts. Sprinkle nuts evenly with salt. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes or until fragrant. Cool slightly on pan before serving.