- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 green onion (green and light green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
- Add snap peas, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté 1 1/2 minutes, stirring and tossing constantly. Add onions to pan; sauté 1 more minute or until peas are crisp-tender. Toss in rind. Garnish with mint.
Mint adds a fresh finish to this side dish, but fresh chopped thyme or oregano leaves will also pair well with the snap peas.
Makes 2 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
- CARBOHYDRATE 4.0g
- PROTEIN 1.0g
- SODIUM 80.0mg
- FAT 2.3g
- SUGARS 6.0g