Take your veggies and dip to the next level with this colorful crudité wreath. This vegetable appetizer is a stunner with white cauliflower, red tomatoes and green broccoli, green beans, snap peas, kale and Brussels sprouts. It’s also a delicious way to start your celebration with veggies (which there are rarely enough of at parties and holidays). The homemade ranch dip, which uses nonfat Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, takes just a few minutes to make, or you can use a healthy store-bought dip.
What you need
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed
- ½ bunch curly kale, washed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 9 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- To prepare crudité: Put a large pot of water on to boil. Set a large bowl of ice water by the stove. Blanch broccoli for 1 to 2 minutes in the boiling water. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli to the ice bath to chill. Drain well. Blanch Brussels sprouts, green beans and snap peas in the same way.
- To prepare dip: Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, shallot, dill, vinegar, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer to a serving bowl; set it in the center of a large circular platter or decorative serving board.
- Arrange kale around the bowl, with the frilly edges on the outside. Top with the broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green beans, snap peas and cauliflower. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.