You know that skinless chicken breast is a great source of lean protein, but grilled chicken night after night gets boring. Here’s a new way to dress up your healthy lean protein. The southwest flavors of chiles and lime make this a seriously tasty meal. Servings: 4
Here’s what you need…
- 4 oz light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (4oz) can Hatch green chiles, roasted and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 organic, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Tajin seasoning (blend of dehydrated lime, ground chile peppers and salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, combine the cream cheese, drained tomatoes, corn and chiles.
- Slice through the thick part of each chicken breast so that it opens like a book. Double wrap the chicken with plastic wrap and out it with a meat until it’s 1/4 inch thick.
- Season one side of each chicken breast with salt and pepper, then flip it over and spread with 1/4 of the cream cheese filling. Roll each chicken breast up and place it seam side down in a baking dish. Rub a little olive oil over the top of the chicken then season with Tajin and salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice and then serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 234 calories, 6g fat, 522mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 31g protein.