The first thing that you’ll notice about this salad is that it tastes amazing. It also doesn’t hurt that spinach is an extremely nutrient-dense food. The recipe calls for raspberry vinegar, which is a flavorful and refreshing alternative to traditional, oily dressing. The fruit and nuts add flavor, fiber and healthy fat.
Here’s what you need:
- 8 cups cleaned spinach leaves
- 3 oranges, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 2 cucumbers, peeled sliced and quartered
- 1/8 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced or whole raspberries
- 1/2 cup white balsamic raspberry blush vinegar
- Combined the spinach, oranges, cucumbers, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, poppy seeds and strawberries in a bowl.
- Add the vinegar and toss well.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 99 calories, 3g fat, 14g carbohydrate, 2.6g fiber, and 3.5g protein.